Tyre performances Continental ContiSportContact 5P
Rezulteo collects and aggregates publicly available data to publish it on its websites in a simplified form to inform consumers.
Here are the results of tyre performance tests Continental ContiSportContact 5P.
|Dry braking||8.8 / 10|
|Wet braking||9.7 / 10|
|Wet road holding||9.2 / 10|
|Aquaplaning||9.2 / 10|
|Road holding||9.4 / 10|
|Absorption of irregularities||8.1 / 10|
|Rolling noise||6.6 / 10|
Tyre performances Continental ContiSportContact 5P have been established based on tests published in the following media:
Methodology for performance rating
Sources refer to a market player who carries out independent tyre comparison tests, based on a stable methodology and broad performance criteria, to provide objective results for a range of similar tyres according to the type of use.
Only sources that comply with these criteria are included in the database. These criteria are also applied to each test performed by sources.
The sources used to establish the performances of a given tyre include:
- Data coming from tests published in the automobile press.
- Data found in Regulation (CE) 1222/2009 "On the labelling of tyres with respect to fuel efficiency and other essential parameters". Or the Values most widely observed (MOBS*) in the absence of official values.
- Data published by independent test institutes.
The detailed list of sources (excluding Regulation CE 1222/2009) used to rate each product accompanies the display.
The final grade comprises 9 basic performances, to which 4 basic performances are added for winter tyres.
Basic performances are grouped into 5 performance groups: 3 for summer tyres, 2 for winter tyres.
Each basic performance is integrated in its group with a different weighting depending on its importance in the category.
The performance groups and basic performances are as follows:
- Dry braking
- Wet braking
- Wet road holding
- Absorption of irregularities
- Road holding
- Rolling noise
- Fuel economy
- Snow braking
- Snow traction
- Braking on ice
- Traction on ice
Each basic performance is rated in accordance with the following principle:
- A score of 10 is given to a tyre which achieves the best result for a given test.
- The score given to other tyres decreases in proportion to the standard deviation of the selected discriminating factor.
- All results that are 9 times higher than this standard deviation obtain the score of 1.
If the source uses his own rating (when it is not on a base of 10), a linear transcoding is performed.
The final score for the basic performance is the arithmetic average of the scores obtained for each test.
Note: Tests conducted by car magazines or specialised bodies generally cover the most common tyre dimensions available on the market. Even if performances vary slightly depending on dimensions, we have chosen to apply the rating to all dimensions for a tyre model.
Star rating system
Stars give a graphic overview of the value for a group of performances. They are awarded according to the following scale: